Belle Isle, Detroit, Michiagn USA
The goal of this project was to accelerate surface water infiltration rates following rain and storm events on the 24 acres parcel and to significantly reduce stormwater volumes delivered to waste-water treatment plants.
Environmental Consulting and Technology, Inc. (ECT) conducted a research study that document that:
1. ECT observed no standing water at the Test Site once the EGRP® became substantially acclimated.
2. There was no measurable impact on the water quality of the affected groundwater.
3. Smaller storms no longer contributed to stormwater runoff from the Test Site.
4. The groundwater elevation was not negatively impacted by the EGRP® installation.
5. The total runoff measured in the storm sewers exiting the Test Area was reduced by 80%.
PDF Version Here!